The Plumbing Industry Commission promotes safe, healthy and sustainable outcomes for all Victorians, through an efficient and effective plumbing regulatory system.
On Monday 7 December 2009 the Plumbing Industry Commission's Camberwell office relocated to the Melbourne CBD (476KB). The address is Goods Shed North - 733 Bourke Street Docklands Victoria 3008
Who we are
The Plumbing Industry Commission is a Victorian Government statutory authority that promotes safe, healthy and sustainable outcomes for all Victorians, through an efficient and effective plumbing regulatory system.
We were established under Part 12A of the Building Act 1993 and are supported by the independent Plumbing Industry Advisory Council.
Our revenue comes from registration and licensing fees, compliance certificate sales and other fees and services.
What we do
We administer the licensing and registration system for plumbers, and promote and enforce plumbing standards across Victoria.
We work proactively to promote plumbing practices that protect the health and safety of the community and the integrity of water supply and wastewater systems. By monitoring the performance of plumbers, we also contribute to the protection of water and gas supply, wastewater, heating and cooling systems, and roofing.
We achieve this through the following objectives:
- To effectively administer the plumbing licensing and registration system in Victoria
- Promote, monitor and maintain expertise and competencies among industry professionals
- Work with the community to address concerns and resolve complaints about work carried out by plumbers
- Monitor and enforce compliance with technical standards of plumbing work
- Promote plumbing practices that protect the environment, the health and safety of consumers, and the integrity of water supply, waste water, gas, and heating and cooling systems
- Actively promote and support a consistent and effective regulatory environment throughout Australia and New Zealand
- Regularly consult and liaise with the plumbing industry to achieve transparency in reform processes and the promotion of innovative and effective plumbing solutions.