To ensure that plumbing work, certified through compliance certificates, meets the high standard required to ensure consumer safety, the Plumbing Industry Commission conducts compliance audits throughout Victoria.
We audit a minimum of five per cent of each licensed plumber practitioner's work, ensuring that the relevant plumbing laws are being met. Audits are conducted by compliance auditors. Their role is to conduct on-site assessments of the work performed, against the particular compliance certificate lodged.
If the installation you are performing cannot comply with the relevant plumbing laws, because of the site conditions or other extenuating circumstances, you can apply for a plumbing modification.
Audit and Inspection Checklists
To find out more about audit requirements you can download the below documents.
0 ROOF PLUMBING
1 SANITARY PLUMBING
2 SEPTIC TANK INSTALLATIONS
3 DRAINAGE (Below ground sewer)
4 DRAINAGE (Below ground stormwater)
5 COLD WATER PLUMBING
6 HOT WATER PLUMBING
7 MECHANICAL SERVICES (Including duct fixing)
- Mech services (includes duct fixing) - Audit checklist (198KB)
- Mech services (medical gases) - Audit Checklist (194KB)
8 BACKFLOW PREVENTION (Medium and high risk only)
90 RESIDENTIAL AND DOMESTIC FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEMS
91 GREY OR RECYCLED WATER
92, 93, 94 GASFITTING (Natural gas type A installation)
- Natural gas LPG or other gas installations - Audit checklist (194KB)
- Gas (caravans and mobile homes) - Audit checklist (194KB)
- Gas appliance conversion work - Audit checklist (188KB)
- Gas appliance servicing work - Audit checklist (190KB)
95 FIRE PROTECTION
- 95 - Fire protection (commercial industrial fire sprinkler system) - Audit checklist (195KB)
- Fire protection (fire system pump set) - Audit checklist (191KB)
- Fire protection (hydrant and hose reels) - Audit checklist (190KB)
- Fire protection - Audit checklist (195KB)
- Refrigeration air conditioning - Audit checklist (192KB)
- Refrigeration air conditioning (split system) - Audit checklist (195KB)
98 SOLAR INSTALLATIONS
99 RAINWATER TANK INSTALLATIONS
Audits and Inspections
The Plumbing Industry Commission (PIC) wishes to advise plumbing practitioners that from the 21st of January 2013, a new contractor Casey Inspection Services will conduct audit & inspections of plumbing work on behalf of the PIC.